There are two ways to request a rate review:
- A customer or customers initiating a petition for rate review must file a letter of intent to compile and file the petition with the Utility Management Review Board (“UMRB”).
- Customers have ninety (90) days from the date the notice of intent is filed with the UMRB to collect handwritten signatures of at least ten percent (10%) of the customers within the authorized area of the utility district. The signature must be from the person listed on the account at the district office.
- The petition shall be addressed to the UMRB and a copy of the petition shall be served upon the board of commissioners of the affected utility district.
- Within thirty (30) days of the date on which the required annual statement is published, a customer may file a rate protest with the commissioners of the utility district, stating their opinion and including their reasoning, for determining that the published rates are too high or too low.
- After review by the utility district commissioners, an appeal may be made to the UMRB by written request within thirty (30) days of the decision of the board of commissioners.