Public Records Requests
Many Comptroller public records are currently available on our Office's website, including:
- Real property assessment data
- Reports (audits, glossaries, investigations and more)
- Policies, Guidelines, Manuals and Forms:
o Open Records Counsel
o Local Government Audit
o Property Assessment
o State Assessed Properties
o State and Local Finance
The Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury adopted a Public Records Policy pursuant to Tennessee Code Annotated §10-7-503(g) regarding access to public records as provided under the Tennessee Public Records Act (TPRA).
Requests for inspection and for copies should be made to the Public Records Request Coordinator (PRRC) for the Comptroller’s Office. Requests for inspection only may be submitted to the PRRC in person or by phone at 615.401.7786. Requests for copies must be in writing that clearly and concisely expresses the requestor's name, contact information, a brief description of the records, and whether the request is for inspection or copies. Alternatively, a request form will be accepted. Requests may be submitted in the following ways:
- Mail or Hand Delivery: Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury, Division of Administration, Cordell Hull Building, 425 5th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37243
- Fax: 615.741.1551
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (inspection only): 615.401.7786
Under the Policy, proof of Tennessee citizenship is required for both inspection and copies and will be satisfied by presentation of a valid Tennessee driver license.
Ann Butterworth serves as the PRRC and may be contacted using the above information.