COVID-19 Guidance for Local Governments
Local governing bodies throughout Tennessee are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Many governments may have questions about how to carry out governance, financial, and operational responsibilities lawfully and effectively.
The Tennessee Comptroller's Office has created these resources to address some of these questions.
Below you will find a video webinar on Budgeting During a Crisis; guidance related to Governor Bill Lee's Executive Order No. 16 regarding Tennessee’s open meeting requirements (Executive Order No. 60 extends this authority through September 30, 2020 with new provisions applying after October 1, 2020); guidance on emergency policies and prodecures; guidance on the use of COVID-19 related federal and state revenues; and additional information on budget adoption and monitoring.
Questions about these materials can be referred to the contacts listed within.
- September 1, 2020 - Memorandum: Guidance for Electronic Meetings Pursuant to Executive Order No. 60
- March 20, 2020 - Memorandum Concerning Public Meetings and Emergency Policies and Procedures
- August 3, 2020 - Memorandum on $115 Million in Coronavirus Relief Funds to Local Governments
- July 10, 2020 - Memorandum to County Officials regarding COVID-19 Federal and State Revenues
- March 20, 2020 - Budget Guidance for Fiscal Year 2021
- Governor's Executive Order No. 60 Related to Remote Meetings and Implementing Best Practices