COVID-19 Guidance for Local Governments
Local governing bodies throughout Tennessee are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Many governments may have questions about how to carry out governance, financial, and operational responsibilities lawfully and effectively.
The Tennessee Comptroller's Office has created these resources to address some of these questions.
Below you will find a video webinar on Budgeting During a Crisis; guidance related to Governor Bill Lee's Executive Order No. 16 regarding Tennessee’s open meeting requirements (Executive Order No. 51 extends this authority until August 29, 2020); guidance on emergency policies and prodecures; guidance on the use of COVID-19 related federal and state revenues; and additional information on budget adoption and monitoring.
Questions about these materials can be referred to the contacts listed within.
- COVID-19 - Memorandum Concerning Public Meetings and Emergency Policies and Procedures
- COVID 19 - Memorandum on $115 Million in Coronavirus Relief Funds to Local Governments
- COVID-19 - Memorandum to County Officials regarding COVID-19 Federal and State Revenues
- COVID-19 - Budget Guidance for Fiscal Year 2021
- Governor's Executive Order No. 16 Related to Public Meetings by Electronic Means
- Governor's Executive Order No. 51 Extending Order No. 16 until August 29, 2020